Longford GAA Gaelic Football Award 1 Coaching Course
This is a hugely important course due to the fact that all adult club teams MUST have an Award 1 coach involved since the start of 2016 and by the start of 2018 all adult Club Head Coaches/Managers MUST be Award 1 qualified so we believe that this course will attract a lot of interest and we expect it to fill up quickly
Award 1 Youth/Adult
- This course is aimed at coaches of teams from U13 up to and including adults and coaches wishing to attend must hold the Foundation Award for at least the last 12 months.
- This course will be ran over 3 Saturdays (10am – 4pm) and 2 Friday nights (7 – 9:30pm) this coming November/December and all sessions MUST be attended in order to complete the course and receive your Award.
- Lunch will be provided on the Saturdays.
- Places are available on a first come first served basis (provided the above Foundation requirement is met) and limited to 24 in total.
- Please contact the office 043 3345219 to book your place and to pay the early bird booking fee of €80 (available until Friday November 3rd). If payment is not made by this date the standard cost of €100 will apply and this must be paid in advance of the first session.
- Cheques made payable to Longford GAA please and posted to Damien Sheridan GAA Office Pearse Park Battery Road Longford or cash/cheques can be dropped in to the office Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm.
All those wishing to book must supply the following details:
- Postal Address
- Email Address:
- Year Foundation Completed:
- Venue Foundation Completed:
- Mobile Phone Number:
|Saturday, 18th November 2017||St. Mels College Sports Hall||10am – 4pm||Lunch Provided|
|Friday, 24th November 2017||St. Mels College Sports Hall||7 – 9:30pm|
|Saturday, 25th November 2017||St. Mels College Sports Hall||10am – 4pm||Lunch Provided|
|Friday, 1st December 2017||St. Mels College Sports Hall||7 – 9:30pm|
|Saturday, 2nd December 2017||St. Mels College Sports Hall||10am – 4pm||Lunch Provided|
The topics to be covered are:
- Introduction, Communication & The Role of The Coach
- Technical Proficiency
- Tactical Prowess/Decision Making
- Team Play & Tactical Ploys
- Physical Fitness: Components & Principles Youths
- Physical Fitness: Components & Principles Adults
- Playing Facts & Psychological Focus
- Lifestyle, Planning & Conclusion