This is a hugely important course due to the fact that all adult club teams MUST have an Award 1 coach involved since the start of 2016 and by the start of 2018 all adult Club Head Coaches/Managers MUST be award 1 qualified so we believe that this course will attract a lot of interest and we expect it to fill up quickly
This course will be ran over 3 Saturdays (10 – 3:30) and 2 Thursday nights (7 – 9:30) in November and all sessions MUST be attended in order to complete the course and receive your award. Lunch will be provided on the Saturdays.
Places are available on a first come first served bases (Foundation Award must be held at least 12 months) and limited to 24 in total. Please contact the office 043 3345 219 to book your place and to pay the earlybird booking fee of €80 (available until October 28th).
If payment is not made by this date the standard cost of €100 will apply and this must be paid in advance of the first session
Cheques made payable to Longford GAA please and posted to Damien Sheridan GAA Office Pearse Park Battery Road Longford or cash/cheques can be dropped in to the office Mon – Fri 10 – 5:30.
- Saturday 12/11/16 at St. Mels College Sports Hall 10 – 4pm Lunch Provided
- Thursday 17/11/16 at St. Mels College Sports Hall 7 – 9:30pm
- Saturday 19/11/16 at St. Mels College Sports Hall 10 – 4pm Lunch Provided
- Thursday 24/11/16 at St. Mels College Sports Hall 7 – 9:30pm
- Saturday 26/11/16 at St. Mels College Sports Hall 10 – 4pm Lunch Provided
The topics to be covered are:
- Introduction, Communication & The Role of The Coach
- Technical Proficiency
- Tactical Prowess/Decision Making
- Team Play & Tactical Ploys
- Physical Fitness: Components & Principles Youth
- Physical Fitness: Components & Principles Adult
- Playing Facts & Psychological Focus
- Lifestyle, Planning & Conclusion