Longford U17 Football Development Squad 2016
Aim: To develop a group of players at U17 level that are technically and Physically competent to play County Minor football in 2017.
What it entails:
- Players will be assessed in areas of Skill technique, Movement screening and Fitness.
- All players will then be given a personalised programme to work on identified areas.
- Programmes will entail coach lead sessions both on the pitch and in the gym.
- Players will be required to do individual work to complement their Club and County coaching sessions.
- Sports Science education will play a key role in all sessions – Nutrition, Rest and Recovery.
- As with our minor panel, our Careers Advice service is available to all players who are doing their leaving cert in the summer of 2016
- Thursday 5th May Profiling session 7pm – 8:30pm Longford GAA Gym (beside Shannonside Radio)
- Thursday 12th May Athlete Development session 7pm – 8:30pm Longford GAA Gym (beside Shannonside Radio)
- Thursday 19th May Athlete Development session 7pm – 8:30pm Longford GAA Gym (beside Shannonside Radio)
- Saturday 21st May Performance Skill Coaching session 10am – 11:30am Glennon Brothers Pearse Park
- Thursday 26th May Performance Skill Coaching session 7pm – 8:30pm Venue TBC
- Saturday 28th May Performance Skill Coaching session 10am – 11:30am Venue TBC
June/July/August time table TBC
Damien Reid U17 Football Tournament
Saturday 8th October
Offaly V Longford (Offaly Venue)
Saturday 15th October
Longford V Monaghan (Longford Venue)
Semi-Finals will be played on Saturday 22nd October (venues TBC)
Finals will take place on Saturday 29th October in Louth GAA Centre of Excellence Darver