Award 2 Course
The Award 2 Coach Education course is the third award on the coaching pathway of Gaelic games. The course is aimed at coaches that have progressed through the Foundation Award and Award 1 programmes and have experience as a Coach.
The Award 2 course is aimed specifically for coaches who coach children (up to 12 years) Youth (13 – 18) and Adult (19 & above), and the competencies that a coach is required to display when working with the chosen age group.
Each course is 27 hours in duration and covers a number of key modules, as well as Introductory and Conclusion modules. These modules are:
- The coaching process
- Developing the whole child
- Spot & Fix Advanced Technical skills
- Coaching for Decision Making
- Principles of Team Play
- Advanced Movement Skills
- Creating a learning environment
- Psychological Focus
- Planning & Keeping fit and healthy
- Playing facts & Rules
The focus of this course is on the “Why to do it” the further development of the coaching skills by placing the participant in situations that they will face as coaches – the organisation of games activities, activities to develop skill and activities to develop the various physical fitness skills.
Applications will be considered from those who:
- Hold both Foundation Award and Award 1 child qualifications, or equivalent.
- Have substantial experience in a coaching and are currently coaching a child team.
- Candidates must be 18 years or over.
- Candidates must be Garda vetted and have complete the GAA Code of Best Practice in Youth Sport.
The Award 3 Coach Education course is the fourth award on the coaching pathway of Gaelic Games. The course is aimed at experienced coaches that have progressed through the Foundation, Award 1 and 2 programmes.