Award 2 Course
The Award 2 Coach Education course is the third award on the coaching pathway of Gaelic games. The course is aimed at coaches that have progressed through the Foundation Award and Award 1 programmes and have experience as a Coach.
- The coaching process
- Developing the whole child
- Spot & Fix Advanced Technical skills
- Coaching for Decision Making
- Principles of Team Play
- Advanced Movement Skills
- Creating a learning environment
- Psychological Focus
- Planning & Keeping fit and healthy
- Playing facts & Rules
- Hold both Foundation Award and Award 1 child qualifications, or equivalent.
- Have substantial experience in a coaching and are currently coaching a child team.
- Candidates must be 18 years or over.
- Candidates must be Garda vetted and have complete the GAA Code of Best Practice in Youth Sport.
The Award 3 Coach Education course is the fourth award on the coaching pathway of Gaelic Games. The course is aimed at experienced coaches that have progressed through the Foundation, Award 1 and 2 programmes.