IFC Semi Final: Carrickedmond v Cashel

Carrickedmond 0-08; Cashel 0-06 By Deniese O’Flaherty Carrickedmond had two points to spare over Cashel as they booked their place in the Intermediate Final. It was a game of poor fare with nothing between the sides. Carrickedmond just about did enough to win the game but they’ll know they’ll have to improve if they want to claim the Hennessey Cup. Inside the opening minute Cashel midfielder James Rowan registered the opening point of the game but two minutes later Carrickedmond were level with a free from John Burns. Both sides were finding it hard to get scores and in the 10th minute Marty Mulvey got his side’s second point to put them ahead. In the 16th minute Ger Dennigan levelled the game again with a good point. Burns put Carrickedmond ahead again in the 23rd minute with a pointed free before Dennigan drew Cashel level with a ’45. Padraig O’Shea gave Carrickedmond a one point lead going in at the break when he scored a good point in first half stoppage time. Carrickedmond went two ahead in the fifth minute of the second half when corner forward Johnny Keegan hit over a point. A free from Aidan Rowan cut the gap to one in the 42nd minute and then five minutes later Keith Carberry was black carded for dissent. Two fine points from Mulvey put Carrickedmond in front by three in the 49th minute before they were reduced to 14 men when Niall O’Farrell received his second yellow. Cashel had a goal chance in the 52nd minute but James Rowan flashed his shot across the pitch from a tight angle. Dennigan cut the lead to two in the 53rd minute with a much needed point. As the clock ticked down Cashel took the wrong option when they had chances. The gap was just one in stoppage time when Gary Kenny hit over a free but with the last kick of the game substitute Francis Kelly pointed to seal the win for Eugene McCormack’s side. Carrickedmond: Garret Higgins; Johnny Gerety, Oisin Farrell, Rioch Farrell; Padraig McGrath, James Murray, Niall O’Farrell; John O’Shea, Barry O’Farrell; Marty Mulvey (0-3), Padraig O’Shea ( 0-1), Cathal Pearse Belton; John Burns (0-2,2f), Conor Kelly, Johnny Keegan (0-1). Sub: Patrick Farrell for Keegan (42), Francis Kelly (0-1) for C Kelly (58) Cashel: Gerard Neilon; Ronan Farrell, Andrew Farrell, Mel Farrell; Shane Merrigan, Padraig Farrell, Conan Casey; James Rowan (0-1), Luke Casey; Gerard Dennigan (0-3,1’45), Gary Kenny (0-1,1f), Niall Casserley; Ronan Muldoon, Keith Carberry, Gavin Kelly. Subs: Aidan Rowan (0-1,1f) for Merrigan (ht), Kevin Farrell for Carberry (47 bc), Shane Bannon for Kelly (41), Thomas Delaney for Casserley (50) Referee: Tony Gaffney (Mostrim)