New Garda Vetting Application Form
You are aware that the National Vetting Bureau Act may shortly become law and that it only requires a commencement order from the Minister for Justice for this to happen.
In advance of the commencement of the Act the Garda Central Vetting Unit has issued a New Garda Vetting Application Form that comes into effect on Friday 11 July 2014. The new form, replaces the old form as previously used by the GAA and others. Unfortunately, as and from Friday next, 11 July 2014, I cannot accept any Garda Vetting applications on the old form. The new form can be found here.
Any old form, signed up to and including Friday 11 July, may be accepted.
The new form does not differ in any major way from the previous form. However, I should point out that the Garda Central Vetting Unit will be more stringent in its acceptance of properly completed forms and that this is seen as part of the lead in to the implementation of the new Vetting Act.
A reminder that all applicants should complete the form in a legible manner, that Block Capitals be used as requested and that the Declaration of Applicant section must be fully completed.
The GAA has also taken this opportunity to update our guidance on ‘Procedures for Completing Vetting Forms’ (attached). An amended Parent/Guardian Consent Form for any applicant under 18 yrs of age is also attached. All of these forms are available below; on the GAA website at gaa.ie/clubzone for downloading, as is a GAA Q & A document on the new Vetting Act and its implications for the GAA.
Request to inform others of the new form
- Could I request that on receipt of this email that you?
- Inform all Club Children’s Officers and Club Secretaries that the GAA Vetting form has been amended
- That you put the new form, plus the Parent/Guardian consent form and the guidance document ‘ Procedures for Completing Vetting Forms’ in a prominent position on your County website and request of your Clubs to do likewise
- That you inform Clubs and individuals to send me any outstanding forms immediately,
- That you inform Clubs that the new form comes into effect on Friday 11 July 2014.
Please also note that all forms, as Gaeilge, will be available on Wednesday 9 July 2014. The new Garda Vetting requirements have no bearing whatsoever on the AccessNI procedures, as administered by Ulster GAA. Many thanks and if I can advise any further on these new changes please contact me.
Gearóid Ó Maoilmhichíl Child Welfare and Safeguarding Manager Bainisteoir Cúraim agus Cumhdaigh Leanaí
Guthán 1 / Tel 1 : +353 (0) 1 836 3222 Guthán 2 / Tel 2 : +353 (0) 1 865 8675 Faics / Fax : +353 (0) 1 836 6420 Mobile: +353 (87) 230 1420 http://www.gaa.ie