Longford GAA are running a Safeguarding Awareness Workshop, please see below for all details. All Coaches, Club Children’s Officers and Designated Liaison Persons must first complete the 3 hour, Safeguarding 1 – Child Welfare & Protection Basic Awareness Course.
This course educates participants on the implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of all children involved in Gaelic Games
- Safeguarding 1 – Child Welfare & Protection in Sport Awareness
- The implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of children
- Creating a child-centered environment within the GAA Club
- Categories of abuse and some indicators associated with abuse
- How to response appropriately to a disclosure
- How to make a report to designated person or appropriate Statutory Authority
The course is fully certified and recognised by Sport Ireland, The GAA, The LGFA, The Camogie Association and Handball.
Note: This course is a prerequisite to completing the Foundation Award
Course Date: 24/1/19
Venue: Glennon Brothers Pearse Park
Time: 7pm – 10pm
To book a place on this workshop please click the link below – only those booked in advance will be allowed attend the course and places are limited